Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pipe Update

Well it has been just over a week since we had little Taylor say good-bye to her pipes. It went exceptionally well. We had the whole family go out to the dumpster and she willingly threw them in one at a time. We cheered for her and said that she was such a big girl and also emphasized that she still had her silky blanket. The first couple of nights and naps were rough. I have to admit that I was expecting a more angry response, but when struggling to fall asleep and finding a new routine of getting to sleep it was just complete sadness. We would go up and comfort her every once and a while she would just cry and say "my pipes!". By day five she was down to 15 minutes to fall asleep with just a little amount of crying. I think that she is quite proud about this accomplishment, but more proud during the day, at night I think that she would gladly go back to being a "baby". Good job Taylor.

We have been struggling pretty bad here with colds and fevers. Hailey has ear infection and Taylor is in the middle of the cold yet. Carter got a stuffy nose but was thankfully spared from having any of the fevers. Today I am feeling quite stuffy; I guess it is inevitable.

We are anxiously awaiting Mike's interview at Mayo, Rochester next week Friday for this will complete the interview process. He is now pretty convinced that the choice is primarily between the University of Minnesota and Mayo, Rochester. I guess time will tell!