Hailey and Taylor are all geared up for the William Irving 5K in Duluth. Temp 45 degrees!!
They did AWESOME. 1,780 runners. Hailey finished in 29:31 and Taylor 31:47 which placed them in the top half.
Following the 5K we went to experience the world famous spaghetti feed at Grandma's marathon. I am not sure how they make spaghetti for for 10,000 people, but they do!
At 5:45am we were bussed up to Two Harbors for the start of the marathon. The temp was 48 degrees and foggy; a perfect set up for a nice race.
We are all set for a great race!
And off we go………….
At mile marker 25, I spotted the kids and I was overjoyed! They hopped right down on the road and joined me in my running for about 200 yards. It was exactly what I needed to finish the race.
The finish line was in site………….Mike finished in 4:28 and I finished in 4:41
An experience like no other!
My most faithful fans post race
The kids were temporarily separated from Heidi and Jodi and made friends with officer Steve until they were reunited!
Grandma's Marathon 2014 finishers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to celebrate!!!!!
Meanwhile, back at the hotel, we were blessed to have Miss Heidi with us throughout the weekend to help corral the kids. Our hotel was absolutely perfect complete with water slides, pool, mini golf, and a hot tub for us. They all participated in the duck marathon on the lazy river and Carter won 1st prize!!




