Today Carter completed his year of speech therapy with his wonderful teacher Miss Chris. Her final write up of Carter was: "Carter is able to imitate a 3 word phrase with at least 70% intelligibility. When he is retelling a story or simple idea without a verbal model to follow, his intelligibility decreased to 65%. In spontaneous speech, a simple 3 word phrase (out of context) varies between 50% and 90% intelligibility. Carter is using new words to describe, comment, and question.Miss Chris and myself are thrilled with the progress he has made over the past 9 months!
(He loves class, but not pictures)
Carter found a green inch worm.
The Southwood School paper had a picture of Carter with the rest of his speech class
With summer quickly upon us and all of the kids being out of school tomorrow afternoon, I decided to make an incentive chart for summer. I am a bit worried about keeping them busy and motivated through out the summer. They each get a section of the chart and will get $$ for each line that they complete with stickers.I hope that I will be able to post a picture of the completed chart at the end of summer break!