Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Potty Trained ?!?!?!

I have hesitated to post an update on potty training in thinking that it may jinx my latest accomplishment in our home. It all started last week Friday when Carter's diaper was dry before his nap. I asked him if he wanted to go on the potty, but there were no results. When he woke up from his nap he was still dry and again I put him on the potty where he was able to relax and have a good pee. The next couple of hours were spent in underwear and he went several times when I place him on the potty. I was very sceptical at this point because he hadn't yet told me if he had to go potty, but instead just went when I decided it was time for him to go.

The next morning he woke up dry and was in underwear all day with only one accident. That night Mike asked if he wanted "privacy" and if fact he needed some because when Mike returned there was much more than pee in the potty!

So today is Wednesday and since Friday afternoon Carter has had three accidents, has slept dry every night, and has remained dry with every nap. He does tell me upon occasion that he needs to "go peeing" and also goes every time I feel that it has been long enough since the last release. Mike is also very proud that he now also says, "get out! need pribsy (privacy)" and we all now what that means!