It was back to reality at our house this morning, the final day of August 2010. Today was the first day of 2nd grade for Hailey. She is looking forward to 2nd grade for a couple of reasons: they are allowed to sled on the big hill at recess, they start Spanish, and they will begin to write in cursive. Up until today, we have been enjoying the schedule of staying up late and then sleeping in until 8:30-9:00am. Our new schedule has us up and ready by 8am and out of the house by 8:20am. The new routine is a good thing. I have mixed emotions sending the kids off to school as I ask myself if I made the most of our time together at home and accepting the reality that it is good for them to leave me and experience a different teacher.Next week Taylor will start preschool three afternoons a week and the week after that Carter will begin a speech class once a week.
They are growing up so fast and I am so proud of them!

