Sunday, March 28, 2010

Las Vegas!

After much ado, Mike and I decided to take Las Vegas get-a-way with two other couples for a long weekend. We were greeted at the airport with a limo, champagne, and roses (compliments of our romantic men in our lives). It was great start to the trip as I was secretly worrying about the kiddos and my sister in Iowa who graciously offered to add them to her already busy family and darcare. We had a great time as did the children who were spoiled to pieces by their Auties and cousins.
Mike was super happy that his golf clubs arrived safely in Las Vegas




After a long day at the Aria Spa (for me, Mike went golfing all day) we got all dressed up to attend our first
Cirque du Soleil show "O".



This is the whole gang!





Vegas has a mini versions of world attractions


Mike entered a 77 person poker tournament and got all the way to the final two tables of 8! No cash for 18th place.


Apparently I as the only one in the group that didn't know that the statues were real people! I caused quite a ruckus.



The fountains in front of the Bellagio were one of my most favorite things (after the spa day).