Monday, January 25, 2010

January 2010

January 2010 has almost come and gone without much posting on the Miedema Fam Blog. I'm really not sure why this is the case. We have been staying quite busy with visits from family, birthday parties, and school. The weather always keeps us entertained from balmy rainy conditions to snowy blizzard conditions. The girls continue to ice skate whenever possible next door and at school. Hailey just completed a all school study of South Africa.
Today both Carter and Taylor had well-child checks at the pediatrician today. I am so grateful for their healthy bodies and minds. Carter is currently at the 75th percentile for height and weight. Taylor spikes her chart at 95th percentile for both height and weight. The down-side of well child checks are always the vaccinations. Taylor was so upset for her shot that she bit the med-tech! I was really embarrassed!
I took this picture of the kids in bed the other day because I only had to add Carter after waking. The girls have had some major issues with coming in our bed during the night. Hailey often brings Gwen along as well making it a very uncomfortable situation to get some quality sleep. Carter continues to be our best sleeper with Taylor being a close second and somethings never change: Hailey is our worst.
Carter has always loved to play in his toy kitchen downstairs and is now very quick to get out the step-stool to help out when we are cooking. Today it was just Carter and I at home. It is very precious to spend some one-on-one time with him. Today we made some banana bread.

Taylor is love, passion, and control all tied up into one package.
The other day she simply stated "mom, you can just go and get groceries. I'll stay here and watch Carter & Stella."


Carter is really good with the "cheese" when the camera comes out.




Hailey and next door friend, Olivia, spend countless hours together. She is so lucky.