Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Celebration

Last week Saturday a good friend from church threw a celebration of life for Carter. It was wonderful! We had lots of laughs, good food, and shared lots of "mom" moments. The most meaningful time of the morning was our prayer time in which we all prayer for our little Carter. We prayed for safety, his character development, positive peer pressure, knowledge, his relationship with God, his future friends, and even his future spouse. It was a very emotional time for me and I praise God for our ability to communicate our desires for our children with him. I was truly blessed by this time and I believe that Carter too will be blessed by the time spent with these women.
The book we prayed from is called "The power of a praying parent" and I would like to share the first paragraph of the book. "It's the best of jobs. It's the most difficult of jobs. It can bring you the greatest joy. It can cause the greatest pain. There is nothing as fulfilling and exhilarating. There's nothing so depleting and exhausting. No area of you life can make you feel more like a success when everything is going well. No area of you life can make you feel more like a failure when things go wrong. PARENTING!"