Saturday, December 15, 2007

Two Weeks and On My Own

Our big boy is now two weeks old and is weighed in at 9lb 2oz!!!!! Not surprising to his parents--he loves to eat. This picture makes him look so big! The past two weeks are kind of a blur. I some ways I feel like he has been here forever, but other times I realize that we are still learning the baby thing all over again.
My mom was here from Sunday evening all the way to Friday. Thank you! We had a pretty busy week. Mike and I were able to finish Christmas shopping, Hailey and Grandma went to the Nutcracker ballet, we got Hailey back and forth to preschool, Hailey and Grandma did Christmas cookies, I kept up on sleep, & had Carter and I's two week DR. appointments. We couldn't have done it without her. I am now on my own this morning and as you can see I'm on the computer so things are going exceptionally well! We are looking forward to heading to SW Minnesota this weekend to celebrate with family. May your family also be blessed this Christmas season.
Hailey's greatest love these days is to hold Carter. She was reading him this book the other day and said "he really likes this one, mom". Don't you think he looks totally into it? She does really well with him, but does think that his pacifier is the answer to everything. She has her church Christmas program tomorrow night so we'll have to post some more pictures.

Taylor seems to be so grown up since the arrival of Carter. She speaks in full sentences and usually able to communicate most of her frustrations with us. There is rarely a dull moment when she is awake and meal times are an endless battle between her and her father. When you ask her how old she is going to be pretty soon she confidently states "fibe".


We were blessed to have the Shepherd family visit us from the great state of Wisconsin last Saturday.