Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick-or-Treat





Trick-or-treating at Como Student Housing is about as easy as it gets. Everyone living here gets a orange sign and if you tape it outside your door this means that you welcome trick-or-treaters. Mike took the girls door to door and Taylor's hesitancy quickly disappeared after the first person dumped candy into her bucket. Hailey, at the age of 4, considered herself an expert, often notifying other treaters how many signs were up in each building: "hey guys, there's 3 in this one". At one point Taylor's bucket broke due to the weight, but she didn't allow us to assist. She tried to wrap her arms around it as she stumbled down the sidewalk, straining to protect the contents. We ended the night at DR & Jenn's, where they posed for a picture with the adorable little lamby and the twin Elvi. Hailey did manage to stay in character most of the night "meowing"at most everyone she saw.
On a different note, today is November 1st. Nothing is really too significant today other than that now we can say "I'm due at the end of the month!" YEAH! I did go and and purchase some slip-on shoes for winter today; ones that require no bending or tying. Pathetic or smart, I can't decide. Up until now I have been wearing flip-flops.